Friday, May 1, 2009

Nerves of Rubber

For those of you keeping score, yesterday was a pretty big day for us. That's right. It's defended. Successfully. I get to graduate after all.  


I'm sure at least one of you is curious as to how it went. As Krissey likes to put it, "I've never seen Josh so nervous in my life." I don't know why I was so nervous. Maybe it was the fact that this was a years worth of work and all it came down to was a simple yes or no. The fate of my degree in the hands of three men. 

It probably didn't help that when moving videos from my lab computer to my laptop they stopped working in Powerpoint. (should've used Keynote?) Or the projector in the conference room stopped working as soon as I started. Nothing can ever go perfect. After a shaky start, things didn't get much better. I couldn't talk. I fumbled over words that I had been practicing in the shower for weeks now. I've never really thought of myself as a head case, but I guess even the best of us have our moments. Apparently the nerves didn't really matter and I got the highest grade possible on a defense. An incredibly anti-climatic satisfactory.

Krissey is thrilled to have a husband back. I'm looking forward to going to bed before midnight. Hello New Mexico. You're next.

4 comments:

Mom and dad said...

We are so excited for you. Glad to see the blog up and going again..

Juline said...

woohoo!!! I am sad you are moving but happy for you guys. I too am happy the blog is going!

nicole lindsay said...

congrats! when do you move?

l + j said...

SOOO exciting! congrats again!!!