Friday, June 12, 2009

Our First House!




For those of you who don't know, Josh and I are building a house down here in New Mexico. We came down here on a house hunting trip and after looking at existing homes, decided that the price of existing versus new was the same so why not have something all to ourselves that will be brand new.  Our house should be finished sometime early September. We are so excited and can't wait to get into it! My sister made us realize that 2009 is going to be a huge year for us: Josh graduated, new job, moved to a new state, new house, and a baby all in one year. Whew! That is a lot. We are in fully furnished corporate housing right now for a few weeks and then we will have to move into an apartment until our house is done. Boy do I miss all of my "stuff." All of our stuff is in storage until the 23rd of June and everyday I say I could do this and then realize I will have to wait because one thing or another I need to complete the project is in storage.  Josh and I packed just enough clothes and things to get us through a week and a half. I can't wait to get my stuff back! We go and see the progress on our house at least twice a week.  Every time we go in I tell Josh I still can't believe that it is ours. Ha! We have a house!!! Our very own house.  I am truly excited for it and look at colors and decorating ideas everyday.  If anyone has any good decorating tips or ideas please feel free to share them with me. We will keep you updated on the house and when we can actually close and move in.

13 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

That is so exciting! Congrats! So what's the new job?

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Yea! That's so exciting! New Mexico-how do you like it there? What job did Josh get? Are you working too?
We're very excited for your upcoming baby!

I'm not sure I invited you to our blog, if not, e-mail me: spennyandnellie.blogspot.com

l + j said...

for ideas on decorating go to ratemyspace.hgtv.com

people post pictures of all types of rooms in their houses and it is a great way to see how things come together and what looks good and what doesn't. i'm jealous you get to do anything you want to your new house!!!

The Davis' said...

Krissey I am soo happy for you! I can't wait till we get to have that same feeling as you! Ha I have to say about your stuff being in storage..I feel ya. Our stuff is put away too for now until we move in August and I'm always wanting to do things then realize I can't. Ha Good for you two, you deserve it!

Tami said...

Ahh!! That's so exciting! I can't tell you how jealous I am! I mean really! Oh, and congrats on the pregnancy! You guys are having quite the year!

marilyn said...

Congradulations! Josh and Krissy we are so happy for you both. We have really enjoyed getting toghether with you at our cookouts. You will surely be missed. Keep us informed. Our email is kmbodily@msn.com

The Ericksons said...

YEAH!!!! You have had a big year and obviously it will continue to be big. We are so excited for you guys. How are you liking New Mexico?

Em said...

totally jealous and very happy for you two. (three) :D

Jen said...

That is awesome...congrats! A very big year for you guys! Enjoy...

Doug and Marilyn said...

What a crazy time for you, but so exciting. Congrats on all the new news! :) This will be a year you'll never forget and you'll grow closer for it. Good luck with the house!

Jessie DeMille said...

I craved dirt when I was pregnant and that is what they told me too. And I am always low on iron, it runs in my family so maybe she is low on it too. I am Due Nov 22nd. We find out what we are having today, we are excited. When are you due? So you are getting a new house, that is awesome!

The Rubens said...

your house looks like it will be great! i am glad you guys are doing so well. well we got the bed down the stairs and so we didn't have to leave it behind. ha ha. i hate living out of suitcases and boxes. I keep telling eric i can't wait to have all our things in our own house! good luck.

Kamri Goff said...

looks like a ton of fun. what a fun time for you two. I would love to see you when you guys are here. I am pretty flexible, but shannon works full-time now. so whatever works out. let's set up a day. love you and miss you.