Monday, January 25, 2010

Grateful.

Yesterday I stayed home from church with Londyn because we had a very long night and she just didn't seem to be feeling very good. After one of her feedings I went to burp her and all this bright yellow stuff came out. I tried to stay calm and not be an over reactive new mom, but ended up calling the nurses line just to make sure I didn't need to be worried. The nurse confirmed to me that our little one had thrown up and that we should get her to urgent care to have her checked out because she is so young to be doing that. I text Josh and told him to come home asap. When Josh arrived home the first thing he did was give her a blessing. We then went to the pediatric urgent care downtown. There was a 3 hour wait when we got there. I tried to sit calmly and patiently as the packed room full of little kids and their germs were surrounding my new little one, but as time passed I became more anxious. I had a feeling we were going to be told Londyn was just fine and that was making me more upset that I made the trip downtown and wasted an entire Sunday in the doctor's office and not to mention having to pay the stupid copay to be told my daughter is just fine and the first words out of the doctor's mouth were "over reacted." Now that I have had the chance to reflect on yesterday's happenings I am grateful. Grateful for a healthy daughter, grateful for a loving understanding husband, grateful he holds the priesthood, grateful for blessings, grateful to my loving Heavenly Father, grateful for the gospel, grateful for doctor's. Just grateful!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Dito to all of the above! I'm glad she is ok.

Annie said...

Ugh, so scary. It's so hard to know when you should actually take them in. I hate doctors, but am super-paranoid about my kiddos, and have taken them in a few times when I didn't have to. I almost think it is worth the co-pay for the peace of mind :-) Glad everything is okay! She's a cutie!

Mike and Michelle said...

hahaha...I'm laughing because I've totally been there! Welcome to motherhood..aka..narotic, paranoid, and a little crazy! But we do it, because we LOVE our baby so much! I'm glad you could flip this around and see the bright side, such a valuable skill to have! I'm glad she was ok :-) P.S. I got your baby announcement today...she is so precious! Miss you!

Kamri Goff said...

what a cute little bug. i got your announcement this week and had to put it on the fridge. Miss you and love you