Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Road Trip

Londyn and I took our first road trip. My brother RJ flew down to help me drive back to Utah with Londyn. We headed across Arizona and then up to St George where my Aunt and cousins have a vacation home. They let my family stay there over Memorial Day weekend. Thank you so much Ferrins, we had an absolute blast! Friday was spent all day driving and when I say all day I mean 11 hours in the car driving. L did pretty well until the last 45 minutes or so. We got in about 7pm, ordered pizza for dinner and then we all pretty much crashed. We got up early Saturday morning and went boating. We went to a little reservoir outside of Hurricane. Besides the water being ice cold freezing, it was really fun to try and water ski. I hadn't been skiing for 2 years because I was pregnant last year, I was close to getting up, but just couldn't quite get up. Oh well, there is always Lake Powell in July! We also took Londyn on the boat for a ride, she was tired, but we think she loved it. After boating we went grocery shopping, ran home to eat lunch and shower and then headed to the movies. That's right, Londyn went to her first movie, Iron Man 2. L did good, thanks to Grandma Becky for taking her so i could enjoy the movie and yes it was a good one. We ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse..yum:) Went home and watched a movie. Sunday we went to church and then had my Uncle, Aunt, cousins and grandchildren over for dinner who live in St George. It was fun to visit with them because we don't get to see them very often and to see their beautiful one month old baby girl. Monday we got up and took L to the neighborhood pool for the first time. She is such a good sport, she will do anything and not cry. She will let us do what we want to her and just sit there and take it all in. She loves the water! We then went back and cleaned the house and packed up and then went to the outlets to do a little shopping. The only one who made it out with anything was Londyn, of course. Well I guess Nicole and Jake got a few things as well, but L got the most. We ate at In-n-out and then started the trek home to my parents house. Besides getting a flat tire in Kaysville at 10pm at night, the ride wasn't too bad. Thanks to the two strangers who helped me change my tire. Please know that I do know how to change a flat tire, just not in the pitch black of night when you can't see anything. The next few days were spent at my moms. I went to help paint in the basement. Yes, after all these years my parents are finally finishing their basement. It was fun and my mother in law came over two days to watch L while I painted. I was able to have dinner with some of Joshs family while I was there, sorry we missed you Shawnee and Brady. Had lunch with my Aunt Kathy, mom, and sister. I also got to meet my cousins new baby girl Emily. She has a ton of stick straight black hair and is adorable. Can't wait for you to come and visit Julie! I thoroughly enjoyed my time at my parents just relaxing and letting my siblings take care of Londyn for a change. I also enjoyed shopping with my mom, but everyone was working each day so our nights were very busy before L went to bed. Saturday I took off for Denver, Co all by myself with L in tow. My sister had a design conference there and I went to stay with her in the hotel. I had never been to Denver before and I loved it. We had so much fun. L and I would chill during the morning and meet up with my sister for lunch each day and then walk 16th street or go swimming in the afternoon and then meet up with my sister for dinner. L's schedule was totally rocked, but she was a great sport through out all the driving, traveling and new places. I am realizing how hard it is to do and see everyone and everything you want to when you go home, there just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all. We sure missed Josh a lot, but really enjoyed ourselves. Whew, it is sad to leave family, but so good to be home again and back into our routine!


1 comment:

Ryan said...

Traveling really is hard on the kids, sounds like she did great!