Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mission Accomplished!!!!


I really wanted to post about my graduation, but life just took hold of me and my blog was put on hold. So now I am here posting about my graduation that happened back on May 3rd. The day before my sister Nicole graduated so our weekend was full of graduations. Congrats Colie, we did it together! In the morning they had us all line up on the quad and then we got to march across campus while they played music from speakers while parents and family were all lined up shouting for their graduates and snapping quick pictures as we passed by. Once in the Spectrum, the morning session was interesting... the valedictorian speech was very different. After that commencement ceremony my College graduation was only 45 minutes later so we just hung out til I had to line back up again. Well, one of the coolest things about my graduation was the guest speaker: Elder L. Tom Perry. Yeah, that's right, the apostle. When I walked to get my diploma I also got to shake his hand and let me tell you he is a lot bigger than what you see on tv. I have never had the opportunity to shake an apostle's hand and if you ever get the chance- take it. It was really cool. It was also fun to hear him speak from a business point of view and not just about the gospel.
I wanted to give a shout out to my sweet husband who supported and pushed me through to the end. Thanks babe I love you! Also, a big thanks to my parents who instilled in me the importance of getting my education. Many times when I fet like giving up and the end would never come I always remembered the things I was taught about getting my education. I still can't believe I am finished... I never have to cram for a stinkin' test again!!!

9 comments:

Mrs. Rogue said...

Congratulations Krissey! What an accomplishment!

Ally and Chris Johns said...

Hey guys! It's chris and ally! We had no idea that you guys had a blog! It is so cute! I hope you guys don't mind if we add you to our list!

BrockandBonnieRiley said...

Congrats Krissey!! I'm so happy for you. Just think, you'll never have to see Dr. Shuman or that MIS professer we had ever again!

The Ericksons said...

Woohoo! You look so gorgeous! We got to meet Elder Perry when we first moved here. He is pretty tall! How is life? It has been so long! We need to chat.

Kamri Goff said...

YAY! I hope that life isn't getting too crazy. But what would life be if it wasn't crazy. Love ya.

Whetton Family said...

Dude! SQUAAAAAAA BELLS!!! In case you were wondering this is C-dub using my wifes blog name. Cool blog. We would like to add you to ours! Hope your doin' well. Congrats Krissy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather Layton said...

Krissey, You need to blog more often. I would love to know how things are going for you guys!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Wahoo-what an accomplishment! Doesn't it feel nice? I'm glad we can keep tabs on you through your blog! Our is spennyandnellie.blogspot.com

-Jonelle Morris

Mom and dad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.