Thursday, October 2, 2008

VIOLATED!

So you may all be wondering why I did not post any pictures of our beautiful new black beauty or of our new couches. Let me start by telling you a story... because we were getting new couches we had to get rid of our old one. Sunday night I asked Josh to go measure the Explorer so we could see if the couch would fit if we had to deliver it to somewhere. Monday when I got home from work I noticed my stereo case was lying in our parking lot outside the Explorer. Tuesday I noticed the Explorer was unlocked(we hadn't been driving it because of our new fun car). So I hit the key fob and locked it. Wednesday we got in the Explorer to take our old couch to my brothers apartment. I got in the drivers seat so Josh could hang onto the couch. When I got in I noticed that my glove box was open and all its contents were strewn about my car. I started picking them up and then asked Josh what in the world were you looking for? He replied I wasn't in here looking for anything... was our camera still in here? And then the realization hit me that someone who did not belong in my car was in it. The tears came immediately and unfortunately are still coming when I try to retell the story. So we no longer own a camera because someone stole it. The one night we accidentally let our guard down and we loose our camera and some skull candy earbuds. Stupid people. Go and get your own job and work as hard as I do to have the nice things that I have. Why do people feel it is ok to take others things when we have worked so hard to get them ourselves? ARGH! It makes me so mad. So at our expense this is a reminder to everyone out there... Keep your stuff locked up. You may think you live in a safe place, but don't take it for granted. So I uploaded the pictures from the dealers website so you can at least kind of see what our new car looks like. From here probably until Christmas my posts will be boring with no pictures:( because we spent our last penny this last weekend on couches and a new car.

From Black Beauty

From Black Beauty

From Black Beauty

7 comments:

Em said...

I was so sad when you sold your BMW thinking you'd left your coolest car behind and then you what??? get a an AUDI!? you two have the best taste in cars. haha, and wealthier than I thought. :)

but i'm sorry about your stolen stuff, it makes you lose your faith in people when things like that happen to you. you two better keep that Audi locked tight or i MIGHT steal it!

nicole lindsay said...

That is unfortunate about your camera and earbuds. My sister's car was broken into the week before she got married. She had left her wallet in the car though and it was stolen. Did you file a report?

Annie said...

That is SO crazy! The couple that lived in that exact same apartment before you did (the Dixons)had their stereo stolen out of their car! Same thing, they left their car unlocked, accidently, for one night, and someone broke and and took their stereo out with a spoon. I know they talked to Susan about getting motion-sensor lights back there. You should bring it up again. I hope you didn't have a lot of pics on your camera that hadn't been uploaded to your computer!!

Cassidy said...

So sorry! When we moved to Houston we were told by EVERYONE that we should never ever leave anything in our vehicles. I only ever leave the stroller in the the trunk with the trunk opener button locked.
If I got my camera stolen I would be more sad than almost anything else.
I keep hearing the phrase "Crime has no zipcode" that we heard over and over. There is always someone scoping out what you might have.
Congrats on the car though! That is so hot!

BrockandBonnieRiley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your camera. I can't imagine how unnerving that must be to discover someone had been in your car - WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO LITTLE LOGAN? No, but really it's still probably the safest place in the world.

Congrats about the Audi, I love that you name your cars!!

Juline said...

that so sucks about your camera! I am sorry that happened. I hate people that do that crap! I am happy about you new car. I loved my audi so much. What a styling bunch you two are!

Kati said...

That makes me so mad!!! I hope they get caught with the next car they get into. If I had an extra camera lying around i would totally give it to you.
At least you have a pretty new car and new couches!!