Monday, September 29, 2008

--Expensive Weekend--

For our anniversary this year Josh and I decided our present would be for us to purchase our first piece of furniture together. We have been blessed thus far in our marriage inheriting lots of furniture from family and friends. Therefore, it all started Friday night when josh suggested we go to Fisher's to look and see what they had. Right as we walked in the door, we quickly learned that everything in their store was 50% off by a woman sales person. I immediately told Josh I felt like we had to find something to buy because we would never find furniture at this price. As we were browsing through the store I saw a loveseat and sofa that I liked. We then ran into a salesman whom we have met before because he is my cousin's neighbor. He told us he would give us 50% plus the friends and family discount because he knew us. So we said we wanted to finish looking and then we would come find him. We went back to look at the couches and the woman sales person approached us again. I knew that if she helped us she would get the commission and we would not get the friends discount. Josh and I left the store telling her we had to go home and measure to make sure it would all fit. I then called my mom explaining what happened and what do we do. She told me to just call and ask for the sales guy. So... we made the phone call, got a price on the couches, decided to get them, and paid for them right over the phone!!! You may be thinking why the title of expensive weekend if we got such a great deal? Well the spending money did not stop there. Josh and I sold our Bimmer about a month ago and have been looking at cars for quite some time. We found one online and decided that that was "THE" car. It had everything on it that we would want. So we got up at 6am Saturday morning so we could leave our house by 7 and be to Provo to a dealership that opened at 9am. We found the car right away and took it for a test drive. From the get go Josh had a grin on his face from ear to ear and he couldn't stop smiling. The car was a little more than we wanted to spend, but it was "THE" car. Anyway, long story short... we bought it!!! Josh and I bought another black beauty. I didn't want another black car, but it is a 2005 Audi A4 and it had less than 20,000 miles on it til we drove it. It is like a brand new car. We love it! It drives so smooth and you feel like a million bucks while riding in it.

No comments: