Thursday, November 12, 2009

My New Best Friend...


Ok, so this whole heartburn and acid reflux thing is killing me! Every single night I end up with a massive burning in my chest that continues all the way up my throat. It is so bad I do not have the energy to do anything the rest of the night. I eat Tums like they are candy and all it does is take off the edge, but they don't relieve it. If anyone has any ideas on how to relieve heartburn for a preggo lady, any advice is welcome! I have tried a few things I found on the internet to eating an entire tablespoon of mustard, yeah that's right, I ate an entire tablespoon of mustard. I don't recommend it, it burned the whole way down and it was nasty!!!

7 comments:

Tami said...

Krissey, I have never been pregnant so I don't understand your pain but my sister in law is a nurse and she said the other day that you can take Zantac when you're pregnant. Don't take my word for it...you may want to research it or something but I thought I would fill you in.

Unknown said...

Aw yes, I remember the days... unfortunately the only cure is to actually have the baby! That's the only advise I have, sorry! Hope you're all doing well!!!

Cassidy said...

I think that dried mangoes have some natural treatment for heartburn. I tried that last time and it worked a little but - but anything is worth a try, rihgt?

Mom and dad said...

Find a health food store and ask them about heartburn and being pregnant, i believe there are some drops you can put into a glass of water that will help

Jen said...

I hear ya sister! I slept sitting up for about 2 months! Believe it or not it actually does get better towards the very end. The Zantac works and it is safe.

Corey Candice Emmett said...

I also had horrible heartburn. My Doctor prescribed me Ranitidine,and it worked very well.

val said...

hi krissey! of course i remember you. but its been so long! i had a lot of catching up to do on your blog. you guys have so much going on. how exciting. congrats on the baby girl soon to come. baby girls are the best. best of luck as you enter the new phase of life as parents. you will be a great mom. thanks for dropping a line.
oh and my bro is 27 :)