Tuesday, December 1, 2009

More house...

As you can tell projects have consumed our life for the past few months. We haven't forgotten the nagging call for pictures of the rest of the house. We've mostly wrapped up the baby projects so we put the house back together, and now you can enjoy more house:




Okay, so it's just the dining room and kitchen, but it's our dining room and kitchen. It's pretty popular down here to put tile medallions in the front entryway, so of course we had to put one in as well. It gets more comments on it than any other part of the house. Seriously. People walk in and stare in awe at our floor. We keep that part of the house clean. Real clean. (You know, because of the staring?) In other news, Krissey is enjoying parking the car in the garage. She was really excited to tell me that when I got home from work today. I mean really excited. I didn't think it was such a big deal, until I she told me it was the first time she's ever parked in a garage. I highly recommend garages. (Especially after reading about Doug and Marilyn's spray paint fiasco. Yikes!)

Oh yeah, and it's Christmas time. We thought about buying a real sized tree, but why have just one when you can have three + Santa Claus? You see my point. What I carefully hid from y'alls view is the final baby project. (hint: it's not Krissey's belly)

6 comments:

soli said...

First of all...it's 2 am. And I *know* you work tomorrow!
Second of all, are we supposed to guess about the dresser that's painted red? Because you definitely uploaded a picture of that to picasa, just didn't add it here!

Shawnee said...

Did you guys paint the kitchen? Or is it just the lighting that make it look that way?

The Stanger Fam said...

Your house looks great! I like that your posting one room at a time - keeps me comin back. We need your new address so we can send you a Christmas card.

Em said...

Nice tile medallion. mmm boy!I'd like to come stand in your entryway.

Krissey said...

to answer some questions:
ty - look at the time stamp on the post, i wasn't up at 3am, second of all you win, stay tuned for more pics of the mostly finished nursery, finishing touches are in progress!
shawn- no paint, it's the lighting. someday, though, it'll have paint.
em s - check your email, address is sent. we're looking forward to your card
em a (or b) - give us a call, i see that you've had the traveling bug. we'll even set you up a bed in the entryway ;)

thanks for commenting. -josh (as krissey)

The Rubens said...

Love the house pictures, I love you paint colors. Krissey you look great, I can't believe you only have two more weeks! Good luck.