Sunday, May 23, 2010

Roll On 18 Wheeler, Roll On!

It's been a very exciting few weeks to watch our little princess. In addition to enjoying a healthy regimen of rice cereal, Londyn has discovered her ability to roll over. Last friday (luckily my day off) Krissey and I witnessed her first complete roll ever. She'd been showing signs that she was close for the last month or so, but never really got anywhere. Maybe it was the Adventure Island soundtrack, or some toy that finally caught her eye, but she put all the pieces together and made history (her history anyway). She would only roll from her tummy to her back, at first only if we helped place her hands correctly--as seen in the video below.

As of yesterday she's gone over from her back to the belly a whopping 4 times, including a surprise yesterday, when I tried to put her down for a nap. Krissey had left me in charge, and L was exhausted but would not let me rock her. I placed her in the crib, tucked her in with a blanket, and left the room. She was quiet for a few minutes, but then really started to get fussy as I listened to her on the monitor. I stepped in the room to find her on her belly with her head on the opposite direction as I had placed her in. It's officially time to start baby-proofing the house--she's ready to roll! Enjoy.

1 comment:

soli said...

Awesome! I especially love how freaking excited she got when she was on her back!