Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fiesta III

It's that time again, you know, that time of year when hundreds of hot air balloons wake me up as they buzz over my house with the sound of burning propane. That's right, Balloon Fiesta is here, and contrary to the tone which started this post we actually love it. A lot.
Being our third year in the Land of Enchantment, Fiesta was a little different this year. Not that it isn't spectacular to see hundreds of gorgeous balloons take off at the same time, but it does kind of have a "seen it" feel to it. I took my camera, but only took three pictures--of Londyn.
She was pretty funny this year, and made the trip completely worth it. I'm not sure anything can beat her new found skill of redirecting my head so she can point our the balloons that she likes. I'm pretty sure the elephant was her fav, but I'm hoping she secretly appreciated SpiderPig--even if she doesn't get the joke.
Once again we did get to host family for the event, my siblings had planned to come down since spring, and I think we all realize that Ty should be here us--but as sad as that thought its, it's been good to reminisce on our favorite memories. We've also discovered that Curt gets his stomach from my dad--as the massive increase of green chile into his diet.
Anyway, since you're really here for the pics, I did snap a few at the night glow and balloon race last night. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Em said...

Oh that looks like a great time!

marilyn said...

I definetly want to come down sometime and see this. Loved the pictures.